Dear Editor:

There are no fetal cells involved in embryonic stem cell research.  We are talking about 8 microscopic undifferentiated cells in a 4-5 day old blastocyst in a petri dish that could produce stem cell lines.  Alive, like bacteria and viruses are alive, but not like living persons.

Cells, not fetuses, babies, or people are at the source of this big debate.  But opponents of ESCR want to make it an abortion issue.  It is not.

As an ovarian cancer survivor and 11 year Parkinson's disease prisoner, I am sick and tired of being held hostage to the  Bronze Age religious beliefs that fuel this controversy.  This research will take place, albeit outside the US and too late to help me thanks to the flat earth
thinkers in power.

Rayilyn Brown
Surprise AZ