Dear Inkshedders,
As some of you may be aware, I am in the process of wrapping up my
doctoral dissertation on inkshedding.  As I write I find myself
struggling with a small area of data that I'm not sure how to deal
with, so I turn to you for your insights.  At some level, there seems
to be a feeling that Inkshed, as a community, has served its purpose
and may be losing its force as an academic institution.  Just by way of
example, one inkshedding text from Gimli (which you can find both in
Russ's last Inkshed article, and the posted inksheds from the Gimli
conference) says:

"I was wondering about the Inkshed community and its viability--if the
practice of inkshedding serves the purpose of developing and sustaining
this community of Inkshedders, is it perhaps on the wane?  If
Inkshedders themselves do not use it in their own classrooms, and if
the number of Inkshed members is dwindling, is it perhaps time for
Inkshedding to give way to other types of community-building practices?"

I'm curious to know what your reactions are.  Is the community on the
wane?      What is the future of the community and the activity?  Is
the activity being redefined by the immediate social writing being
facilitated by the internet?  What does it mean to be part of the
Inkshed community, and has that identity changed over the years?

Any ideas on this (either on or off list) would be a great help.

Thanks.
Miriam