Hello Inkshedders,

Miriam, what a fascinating question ... with equally interesting
intertwining activities, all arguably able to stand on their own.

1.  Inkshedding as a spontaneous movement of pen against paper,
resulting in idea eruptions (wow ... sounds exciting!).  Like others
who've responded here, I practice this in classes and workshops from
time to time as an inventional strategy.

2.  Inkshedding as the unique, often fruitful, sometimes angsty
face-to-face experience at the annual conference.  Here, inkshedding
morphs into cultural activity, which consolidates community, which
gives rise to institutionalisation of tacit and explicit practices and
expectations.  Newbies must be inculcated.  Inculcatees and frequent
users find and provide invaluable support.

3. Inkshedding as asychronous, recorded knowlege- and idea-sharing ...
such as this discussion.  This knowledge-sharing strand of inkshedding
is something I think we could and should continue to develop and
reflect upon.  To me, certain kinds of blogging is "inkshedding."  I
see very exciting possibilities here that could re-shape/expand the
existing inkshedding community.

Cheers,
Amanda Goldrick-Jones

--
*~*Gramarye/Glamour/Grammar:  the power to bewitch and enchant through
the learned use of spoken and written language.*~*