On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:03:49 -0400
  Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> One further thing from me, about "editing" . . .
>
>> I'm intrigued that you felt the need to edit before sending.
>
> I _always_ edit.  I even edit pen-and-paper inksheds, on the
> fly.

I can't now remember who said what in this conversation; my record of
it is on another computer.  I remember it was Roger who said he wrote
his response in a wordprocessor and edited it before sending. Without
taking away from Russ' (and others'?) response, I took the original
reference to editing as a rhetorical device which said something like,
"I am taking your question very seriously, thus I wanted to be sure I
was saying just exactly what I mean to say in my response."

I have more to say about inkshedding and how I use it, and have used
it in teaching and learning, but I have more thinking to do first.
 And editing, probably, perhaps in a wordprocessor.

Thom Parkhill.