    I have followed this discussion with interest.  When the question was first posed, I realized how important that Inkshed is to me even in my retirement.  I, like Stan, wanted to say that "Inkshed"  is a kind of nickname for the Canadian Society for the Study of Liiteracy and Learning.  Hence, the validity of the community does not depend on  the various ways that inkshedding is or is not used. Stan described clearly some of the important  aspects of CASLL. I agree with his words.
      In addition, I have appreciated the quality of the dialogue and the way in which those who participate are respected as equals, whatever their "credentials."  This kind of support and encouragement serves as a powerful antidote to the competitive and hierarchical nature of academia.
        Could it be that this unique Canadian community is needed more today than  ever before?
    Roberta