Coleus,

Please remain civil.   Calling people baby-killers won't help anyone with
Parkinson's and won't save any babies either.   Over two-thirds of Americans
support embryonic stem cell research.  It is important to remember that
embryonic stem cell research uses unwanted cells from fertility clinics that
would otherwise be thrown away.

A little reality check:  human embryonic stem cells were first isolated in
November, 1998.    The Bush administration all but shut down federal funding
for human ESCR in 2000; it's unreasonable to expect research to have
progressed very far in the intervening period.  But if funding hadn't been
banned, we'd either be much closer to cures, or much closer to ending this
interminable debate.

The only widespread adult stem cell treatments are bone marrow
transplants.   Adult stem cells undoubtedly hold promise, but that is not a
justification to stop working with embryonic stem cells.   Embryonic cells
have unique properties that suggest they might provide cures where adult
stem cells will not.

Just a little food for thought:  the adult stem cells you think it is OK to
"play god" with have all the pieces necessary to grow up into cute little
babies too.

-Archie