Of course nurses can be more in touch with reality than doctors; they spend
a lot more time with patients.   But, I can all but guarantee she doesn't
know any more about the prospects for stem cell research than regular
readers of this list.   How could she?   Medical professionals are not the
same as research scientists, they know about established treatments but not
so much about treatments in development or about science.   They can read
articles online, just like everyone on the list, but they don't usually have
access to secret information that the public doesn't have access to.  Once
in a while they might be involved in a clinical trial, but that would be
pretty rare.

I don't want to knock your nurse, she sounds like a great find(!), but
people on this list should realize that you know a lot more than most of the
rest of the world about stem cell research, thanks to the people that send
the relevant articles out.   Unfortunately, what we know is that we don't
know a whole lot ;)