> One of the things I often wonder about is what are the different types of
> on and off periods experienced by PD people?

you may be refering to the on/offs that occur after some years of dopatherapy.
Those are fluctuations of the absorbtion of the ldopa. There are end of dose
´offs´ and some people get beginning of dose ´offs´'too.
John calls these periods ´falling into a hole´.  His meds kick in and after a
certain time, for him an average of 1h30-2hours, he falls into an´off´
period, very suddenly. These on/off fluctuations started after 7 years of
treatement.
Maryse cg JOhn 77,17