In case anyone is interested here are 2 opportunities:
Ray
----- Original Message -----
From: Lorraine Krofchok
To: Lorraine Krofchok
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:09 AM
Subject: Send Holiday Cards to Wounded Veterans and Phone Cards to VA Hospitals]

Dear Grandmothers for Peace:  The following message is from Military Families Speak Out.  Please take the time to send an extra card and perhaps consider the phone card as well..  Peace to all of us, Lorraine

Dear MFSO Friends,

Here are two opportunities to support our troops during the holidays; please forward:
Laurie

1.  When you are making out your Christmas cards this year, please
   include a card to:

             A Recovering American soldier
             c/o Walter Reed Army Medical  Center
             6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
             Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

2.
  Help Veterans Call Home Over the Holidays

Veterans Administration (VA) budget cuts in recent years have left many of our nation's veterans at VA hospitals without the means to call their families over the holidays. These long distance calls are generally not covered by the VA, and many vets just don't have the financial resources to call all their loved ones.

So Working Assets, Veterans for Peace, CODEPINK, Iraq Veterans Against the War and Gold Star Families for Peace have teamed up on a project to thank our veterans by sending them phone cards loaded with 125 minutes of domestic long-distance calling time. We'll purchase these cards and deliver them to VA Medical Facilities all over the country on December 18th. (If you want to join in delivering the cards to a VA hospital near you, just click on the link you'll see after making your gift.)

$10 will cover the cost of phone cards for three veterans. $20 will buy six phone cards. $33 will buy ten cards. $100 will buy phone cards for 30 veterans to call home over the holidays. 100% of your gift will go directly to buying phone cards.

                          Buy a Phone Card for A Veteran

                          Thousands of veterans are recuperating at VA Hospitals over the holidays. Let's show them our support in the form of a phone card so they can call their loved ones this holiday season.

        Veterans Administration (VA) budget cuts in recent years have left many of our nation's veterans at VA hospitals without the means to call their families over the holidays. So Working Assets has joined with a coalition of partner organizations to bring some holiday cheer to the veterans in the form of calling cards, which will be delivered to VA hospitals across the nation on December 18th.

        Click here to join in this effort.

        You can help make this holiday season brighter for our nation's veterans with just a small gift. 100% of your funds will go directly to buying phone cards, with zero overhead. Will you join us?

        Click here to buy a phone card (or three, or six) for our nation's vets.

        We'll also be putting together small groups to visit VA hospitals across the U.S. and deliver the cards -- stay tuned for more information about that early next week!