Dear Shamus,
As a psychologist, I was used to dealing with a great deal of human stress
without it bothering me.  Since I developed PD eight years ago (I'm 62),
I've lost this tolerance.  The least amount of social stress would exhaust
me.  I have become much more emotionally labile.  I noticed that while
watching TV, I would become tearful at the most cliche dramas.  What you are
experiencing is concordant with my experience.  David

>From: Shamus McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Are you dizzy a lot of the time?
>Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:16:20 -0800
>
>Thank you Amanda for responding to my question, but yes I have had my ears
>checked when I had an incident of acute vertigo which forced me to lay on
>the floor/bed for 3 straight days due to the room spinning.  I was checked
>at that time.  That was more than a year ago.  I was diagnosed with
>nueronitis in the middle ear.  I think the vertigo was related to a viral
>infection which I no longer have.
>
>For me, it appears as though I experience dizziness more in higher stress
>environments.  During the weekends when I am in a relaxed setting, I
>typically do not experience the sensation.  However at work, I do get the
>symptom more often.
>
>Do other parkinson diagnosed patients find that they DO NOT handle
>stressful
>situations as well as they had in the past?  Does parkinson nerve damage
>impact your ability to handle stress?  Is this part of the disease or do I
>have other issues.
>
>I do not attribute this sensation to my medication since I was experiencing
>this before I ever started my medication.
>
>I apologize if these are stupid questions but I am looking for answers
>since
>I am new to this and hope people can educate me.  Does any of the readers
>have similar experiences.  I am only 47 years old and still need to work
>many more years to support my two children and wife.
>
>I greatly appreciate everyone's perspective.  Is there such a thing as a
>typical parkinson progression?  Is dizziness one of the side effects of the
>disease.  By the way, I have had my blood pressure checked....not
>great...but reasonable.
>
>Thanks again,  Shamus

Experience the magic of the holidays. Talk to Santa on Messenger.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/santabot/default.aspx?locale=en-us