Aside from the political implications of Johnson's condition and what it might mean for us and  HR810, I couldn't help but have special empathy since I once had/still have something similiar - AVF or arterio-venous fistulas (AV connections with no capillaries) in my abdomen  from birth.  When I was a grad student at UCLA they bled and I was a "rare bird' in the hospital there.  Had 2nd surgery for them 2 years later.  At that time and since I never contemplated how catastrophic this could be in the brain.  Sure hope the Senator survives as I did.

Ray