My wife has had PD for twentyfour years, she was started on 62.5mg Madopar and was able to work for about four years with no switch off.
No any type of food will stop her medication from working, even one biscuit.   A large meal with meat will mean her  she will be switched off for maybe three hours, and of course after that she is absoultly drained of energy.
On an empty stomach with at least 120ml of water she is more or less ok, but of course nothing in PD is so straight forward.
We hope to go on Apomorphine injections next year, which will get around the meal problem.
Her medication at the moment consists of: 8x125mg Madopar, 4 Entacapone, 2x250micrograms of Pergolide and 1x1.25mg Zelapar.
Mild dyskinesia's if her medication works too quickly or is exicited.  I think a dose of happiness help a lot.

Don't know if this is of interest to anyone but, what the hell!!

Merry Christmas to all on the forum and hope for a cure next year.

Alan of Ardersier.