Just to say I was diagnosed with PD on Oct 5th, 2006. Thought I had
fibromyalgia for many years, was diagnosed with that in 1999. Lots of pain
since childhood - arms, legs, fingers, back, etc. My handwriting ability
started to deteriorate about 10 years ago, and over the last 2 years has
become the classic micrographia, also cannot brush my teeth, do other normal
things 58 year-olds are used to doing. I guess I'm depressed, probably for a
long time now. My Dad died of complications from Parkinson's in 1994. I talk
with Mom about what his condition was like, his symptoms and such, but it
brings up painful memories for her. I have joined a support and exercise
group, but most of the folks are older and are all on meds, unlike me who
has refused a Resagaline clinical trial and Mirapex because I wanted to try
to "fight" this with natural remedies like Immunocal (glutathione precursor)
and exercise. Have been on the supplement for almost 2 months and feel no
different. Has anyone out there tried this or other alternative treatments
and had success? Any advice? I see the neurologist again at the end of
January.

Irene