Hi.  I hope everyone is having a happy holiday.  I peeked at one of my presents early, a package from my insurance company, and found a lump of coal.  Effective Jan 1st they are discontinuing the insurance plan I am on.  However they are offering a new plan "to better serve me".  Reading the tiny, tiny fine print I discovered that my annual maximum out of pocket is going from $2,500 per person in the family to a total of $9,500 for the group with no individual allocation.  This of course means I am going to pay and pay.  Then I noticed that the annual maximum benefit for prescription drugs is going from $5,000 down to $3,000.  This means about August I will be out of benefit for the year.  Here is my problem.  I am 56 years old.....to young for medicare or medicaid I believe.  I am still working (as best as I can) and therefore don't qualify for the drug company assistance programs because I have medical insurance such as it is.  I don't qualify for welfare as I scrape by each month.  I pay a staggering $1,270 per month for insurance !!!  for a family of four....I am a 1099 contract employee so basically self employed.  I just returned from Rite Aid drugstore where I spent over $650.  And I have a couple more to fill next week.  Does anyone have any guidance for me?  So far in brainstorming the best plan I've come up
with is win that pesky lottery........help !!!  Thank you........Dan