Debbie,

Thanks for the info about Mirapex. I guess I'm faced with the same dilemma
all PWP (I assume this stands for "people with Parkinson's") - the old
controversy between medical practitioners who prescribe drugs and
alternative healers who advise against drug use and try other therapies and
herbs, etc. I feel so torn between the two - I wish they would just start
working together for the greater benefit of humanity!

I will continue taking the Immunocal until March. If I feel/see no
difference after that length of time, I will consider going on the Mirapex.

Are you able to exercise at all? I mean doing stretches and resistance
training? I do some Pilates on the Reformer machines at our local Wellness
Centre and this has been a lifesaver! Only drawback is that Pilates classes
are expensive and you need the instructor all the time (sort of an elite
thing). I try to remember what I learned over 3 years of lessons and apply
it at home - Years ago I bought a scaled-down version of the Pilates
Reformer from the Shopping Channel (my one and only such purchase)! It helps
to be able to exercise my weary body parts in the comfort of my own home
when I'm too stiff to leave the house or get to classes on time. Also to
join others like myself - for extra motivation.

I also belong to a PD exercise group that meets weekly in the gym of a large
church near my home - we do a lot while sitting in chairs or marching around
the room to music. I bought us each 3-pound weighted, pliable exercise
balls, about 4 inches in diameter. We hold the balls while working our arms.
The added resistance makes you break a sweat and achieve a better stretch.

This week I inquired about Qi Gong classes taught by an MD! She has not
responded to my e-mail yet, but if I end up taking these classes, I'll let
you know if this therapy works - ancient Chinese secret!

Stretching in warm water helps a lot - I just need to find a pool with
warmer water - the one at the Wellness Centre would be great - but they use
too much chlorine  - I get a skin infection that lasts for months whenever I
exercise in it.

I hope the meds you're taking continue to offer relief!

Bye for now,

Irene