Hi Don,

Your letter touched me. I have PD, but I'm only 58, a spring chicken! My Dad
had PD for a long time. Mom took care of him for almost 20 years until her
own health started to go. Then she fed him his meals at the Nursing home for
a year and a half until his condition worsened. He died in 1994, the week my
younger daughter left town to go on her honeymoon. I think Dad held on until
then so Mom would be able to enjoy the wedding and so the kids could get
married without worrying about him so much. He could not TELL us that, but
somehow we FELT it.

You keep up the good work! You are not alone.

It's difficult for family to understand what you are going through because
it's hard for you to express in words your inner turmoil. I pray that they
will accept whatever recognition you are able to show them and that they
will  catch a glimpse of the love you feel deep inside. Sometimes just
holding hands or hugging can do the trick. And prayer. Try whatever YOU
think best, but never give up, Don.

Bye for now,

Irene