It is common with all dopamine agonists.  I have taken 3 of them
over the years (Requip, Mirapex, and a Lisuride transdermal patch
in a clinical trial) and observed it with all 3.  It is
particularly serious if you drive and can be a problem in a work
or social situation.

You can take drugs to counteract it.  I found Provigil was
particularly effective, but it cost $3,000 a year and my insurace
would not cover it.  I am now taking Ritalin and it works pretty
well.

Here are several abstracts of articles in the medical literature
on the subject.  Abstracts can be found on PubMed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=journals

Ondo WG, Fayle R, Atassi F, Jankovic J.
 Modafinil for daytime somnolence in Parkinson's disease: double
blind, placebo controlled parallel trial.
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2005 Dec;76(12):1636-9.
PMID: 16291885

Comella CL.
 Sleep disturbances and excessive daytime sleepiness in Parkinson
disease: an overview.
J Neural Transm Suppl. 2006;(70):349-55. Review.
PMID: 17017552 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Gjerstad MD, Alves G, Wentzel-Larsen T, Aarsland D, Larsen JP.
 Excessive daytime sleepiness in Parkinson disease: is it the
drugs or the disease?
Neurology. 2006 Sep 12;67(5):853-8.
PMID: 16966550 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Borek LL, Kohn R, Friedman JH.
 Mood and sleep in Parkinson's disease.
J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 Jun;67(6):958-63.
PMID: 16848656 [PubMed - in process]

Monaca C, Duhamel A, Jacquesson JM, Ozsancak C, Destee A, Guieu
JD, Defebvre L, Derambure P.
 Vigilance troubles in Parkinson's disease: a subjective and
objective polysomnographic study.
Sleep Med. 2006 Aug;7(5):448-53. Epub 2006 Jun 5.
PMID: 16740409 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Ferreira JJ, Desboeuf K, Galitzky M, Thalamas C, Brefel-Courbon
C, Fabre N, Senard JM, Montastruc JL, Sampaio C, Rascol O.
 Sleep disruption, daytime somnolence and 'sleep attacks' in
Parkinson's disease: a clinical survey in PD patients and age-
matched healthy volunteers.
Eur J Neurol. 2006 Mar;13(3):209-14.
PMID: 16618334 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Rye DB.
 Excessive daytime sleepiness and unintended sleep in Parkinson's
disease.
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2006 Mar;6(2):169-76. Review.
PMID: 16522272 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Wegelin J, McNamara P, Durso R, Brown A, McLaren D.
 Correlates of excessive daytime sleepiness in Parkinson's
disease.
Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2005 Nov;11(7):441-8. Epub 2005 Sep 9.
PMID: 16154796 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Moller JC, Rethfeldt M, Korner Y, Stiasny-Kolster K, Cassel W,
Meindorfner C, Rissling I, Kruger HP, Oertel WH.
 Daytime sleep latency in medication-matched Parkinsonian
patients with and without sudden onset of sleep.
Mov Disord. 2005 Dec;20(12):1620-2.
PMID: 16078226 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Arnulf I.
 Excessive daytime sleepiness in parkinsonism.
Sleep Med Rev. 2005 Jun;9(3):185-200. Epub 2005 Apr 26. Review.
PMID: 15893249 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Meindorfner C, Korner Y, Moller JC, Stiasny-Kolster K, Oertel WH,
Kruger HP.
 Driving in Parkinson's disease: mobility, accidents, and sudden
onset of sleep at the wheel.
Mov Disord. 2005 Jul;20(7):832-42.
PMID: 15726539 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Kaynak D, Kiziltan G, Kaynak H, Benbir G, Uysal O.
 Sleep and sleepiness in patients with Parkinson's disease before
and after dopaminergic treatment.
Eur J Neurol. 2005 Mar;12(3):199-207.
PMID: 15693809 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Romigi A, Brusa L, Marciani MG, Pierantozzi M, Placidi F, Izzi F,
Sperli F, Testa F, Stanzione P.
 Sleep episodes and daytime somnolence as result of individual
susceptibility to different dopaminergic drugs in a PD patient: a
polysomnographic  study.
J Neurol Sci. 2005 Jan 15;228(1):7-10. Epub 2004 Nov 10.
PMID: 15607203 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]