  An interesting thing happened happen to me at the emergency room several months ago. I had been in one of my off periods for several hours, when ever i would get out of a chair or try to stand and  walk I would bend over and freeze. My wife insisted I go to the ER. I spent 8 hours in the ER on my back not being able to lower my head down to the pillow. They began giving me intervenes Valium, the stiffness left and I walked out.

  Since that time when ever I go into an off period I take a low dose Valium (2mg) it puts me back on with in 20 minutes or less, this assumes I have sinemet in my system and I don't have a full stomach. Some days I don't need it at all  other days I may take it 4 or 5 times over 15 hours. If I don't consume any large amounts of food at any one time I can go most of the day being near normal except for a couple short naps.

  I've had PD for nearly 15 years, I have tried all the drugs, I been in a wheel chair, I've laid on the floor for hours not being able to move. The best combination of drugs to manage my PD has been the low dose Valium and sinemet cr.

  I must point out my view of Parkinson is different than most. I could write a short book on the subject. I think if  Parkinson was treated as a condition of the upper spine and nervous system and not as a disease of the brain, researchers could possibly find the answer.