From: Max LaFontaine <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2007 1:03:35 PM
Subject: Re: Ayurveda herbs Dr. Panera

Thank you for all the info on Dr. Panera.

        I would like to introduce myself. My name is Max, 53 years old or
young, I was diagnosed with PD back in March 2001. I had a minimal
exposure to PD meds back then , just long enough (one month on
sinemet) to see an improvement and convinced me that I have PD.
Whatever PD is. I started taking lots of vitamins, antioxidants,
eating better, exercising the best I can, meditating, acupuncture, Ti-
Chi,  tried PDrecovery, Chi-Gong, visualizing techniques, etc. etc.
I'm sure it all helped, but eventually I needed a  walker (last
winter) and could barely take care of myself. By February of 2006, I
was looking into getting a  wheelchair.
        I couldn't take it any longer, so I regrettably  broke down and
decided to take Sinemet. In about a week, sinemet started to work.
And in about a month,  I was a completely different person. I could
walk, got my balance back, started to get back my normal weight and I
could even ride my mountain bike again. But in only 6 months of
taking sinemet, I found it was taking  longer and longer to kick in,
not lasting as long and sometimes it wouldn't kick in at all.
Sometimes I would take 1 1/2 tablets of Sinemet CR 200/50, at a time,
with no effect at all. Talk about being scared all over again. I knew
getting on sinemet would be a limited ride, but I never thought it
could be this short.
        When I heard about "Mucuna Pruriens"  (Zandopa),  a natural herb
from India, a couple of  months ago, I got very interested. For
parkinson's disease Zandopa is a natural source of dopamine with no
side effects. I'm now gradually replacing my use of Sinemet with
Zandopa. I find it very effective,  kicks in quicker (under 1/2 hour)
and lasts longer (sometimes up to 4 hours). But I still needed to add
a little sinemet (now only taking one Sinemet CR 200/50 a day) to
make the mucuna most effective. It needs the carbidopa to help it get
to the brain more effectively. I break up the one sinemet into thirds
and take it with one level tbsp of Zandopa.
         I feel like this "Mununa" (Zandopa) is REALLY HELPING me a lot. I
take it three times a day and can pretty well function normally, not
bad considering that I was ready for a wheelchair a year ago. When
the herbs wear off, my PD symptoms still comes back, but not nearly
as bad as before. I'm pretty excited about  Ayurvedic medicines. I
know Ayurvedic medicine is a lot more than just taking mucuna.  I
would like to share my experiences and learn from others who is
willing to share theirs.

Thank you,
Max

On 4-Jan-07, at 5:51 AM, R.Rajaraman wrote:
> Hi Max:
>
> I use this for the past four years or so. I find it beneficial.
> However,
> since Parkinson's disease si individualistic, one has to find out for
> himself/herself if it works for each individual.
>
> Wish you best of luck.
> And Season's greetings!
>
> Brightline
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just found out about Dr. Mukesh Paneri (www.drpaneri.com) who
>> claims to have Ayurveda herbs that can greatly benefit anyone with
>> parkinson's disease.
>>
>> So please let me know if anyone of you have any information about Dr.
>> Paneri or his treatments.
>> I'm currently using Zandopa with excellent results.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Max

>> -
>> To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: