 Ray, where do you live?

-------Original Message-------

From: rayilynlee
Date: 01/02/2007 11:11:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 110th Congress & ESCR

House Democrats intend to pass a raft of popular measures as part of their
well-publicized plan for the first 100 hours of the 110th Congress. They
include tightening ethics rules for lawmakers, raising the minimum wage,
allowing more research on stem cells and cutting interest rates on student
loans.

This Thursday is your chance to make your position known re embryonic stem
cell research.  Please email your senators and representatives. If you
google their names their sites will come up.  We need a VETO PROOF
majority - 290 votes  out of 435 for the House and 67 out of 100 for the
Senate.

This should not be a Republican vs. Democrat  issue.  HR 810 passed because
of Republican and Democrat votes.  I don't think it should be a religious
issue either.  Mormons like Orrin Hatch and Catholics like Pelosi and
Kennedy support ESCR   Everyone is vulnerable to devastating disease or
injury.  We have an opportunity to start the long process of bringing hope
to millions of people with expanded stem cell research.

Ray