I wonder if the rules include the right not to have religious observation?
BB

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of rayilynlee
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Decider sets January 16 as "Religious Freedom Day"

From Cathi Herrod, the Center for Arizona Policy: applauding another Bush
"proclamation"

Religious Freedom in Public Schools?

Your children have the right to share their faith at school. Do they know
that? Do their teachers know that? January 16 will be declared "Religious
Freedom Day." By special proclamation, President Bush will ask schools to
commemorate the day. Do our schools need this focus on religious freedom?
Yes! Leftist groups, like the ACLU, have been hammering away at school
teachers and administrators for years, trying to turn our schools into
religion-free zones. But the law is on our side. The U.S. Department of
Education has released a simple set of guidelines that clearly lay out your
child's legal rights to observe and share his faith at school. Many teachers
don't even know these guidelines exist, so why not observe Religious Freedom
Day, Jan. 16th, by giving your child's teachers a copy? Download a copy of
the guidelines here.