Hi
have you tried the rotigotine patches ?
I doubt if they'll help the off periods, but at least you won't be stiff  and
off.

Amanda

[log in to unmask] writes:

An interesting thing happened happen to me at the emergency room several
months ago. I had been in one of my off periods for several hours, when ever i
would get out of a chair or try to stand and  walk I would bend over and
freeze. My wife insisted I go to the ER. I spent 8 hours in the ER on my back  not
being able to lower my head down to the pillow. They began giving me
intervenes Valium, the stiffness left and I walked out.

Since  that time when ever I go into an off period I take a low dose Valium
(2mg) it  puts me back on with in 20 minutes or less, this assumes I have
sinemet in my  system and I don't have a full stomach. Some days I don't need it at
all   other days I may take it 4 or 5 times over 15 hours. If I don't consume
any  large amounts of food at any one time I can go most of the day being
near  normal except for a couple short naps.

I've had PD for nearly 15  years, I have tried all the drugs, I been in a
wheel chair, I've laid on the  floor for hours not being able to move. The best
combination of drugs to  manage my PD has been the low dose Valium and sinemet
cr.

I must  point out my view of Parkinson is different than most. I could write
a short  book on the subject. I think if  Parkinson was treated as a condition
of  the upper spine and nervous system and not as a disease of the brain,
researchers could possibly find the  answer.

Do You  Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection  around

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn
http://mail.yahoo.com