Casey, newly elected Democrat, opposes ESCR.

January 8, 2006

Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr.
 B40C Dirksen Office Building
 Washington D. C. 20510-3804

 Re: SB 5

 Dear Senator Casey:

 Congratulations on your election to the United States Senate!

 Soon you will have any opportunity to give living, suffering people a
chance at life by supporting the Stem Cell Enhancement SB 5.

 I understand that as a Roman Catholic you are committed to the religious
tenets of your faith. But I'm wondering if you also know that Roman
Catholics favor ESCR by 68%, out polling all other Christian faiths. Also
a majority of all Americans support federal funding of ESCR.

As a person with Parkinson's disease I can tell you that most, if not
all, of my fellow advocates for embryonic stem cell research are people of
faith and many of them are Roman Catholics.

Won't you take another look at this issue? Embryonic stem cell research
will take place. The only real question is where and when. Wouldn't it be
a mistake to cede leadership in this field to countries that have already
been involved in egregious research?

 Rayilyn Brown
 18507 N. Windfall Dr.
 Surprise AZ 85374