Opponents of ESCR are organized and determined to stop this research.  We need everybody who is able to make our wishes known.

"With his veto, the President ignored the will of the American people. He ignored scores of Nobel laureates. He ignored the top scientists at the National Institutes of Health," said Harkin. "And so, with one stroke of his pen, he dashed the hopes of millions of Americans who are suffering from diseases that could one day be treated or cured through stem cell research. But we're back, and the voices of hope are stronger than ever."

# # # Senator Tom Harkin, co-sponsor of S5