Linda, I made a hard copy of the report of the  3 scientists who debunked
the Prentice list, but have been concentrating strictly on PD lately. Ray
----- Original Message -----
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: White House Report on SCR

Ray,
A critical analysis of Prentice's claims about adult stem cell
treatments was published by Science Magazine in July 2006. It
disputes many of his claims. You can read it online at:
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/1129987/DC1

We need to make the legislators aware of this analysis.

There is also an interview with Shane Smith, one of the authors of
the analysis at:

http://www.grassrootsconnection.com/vip_shanesmith.htm

Linda

-- "rayilynlee" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks, Linda, for confirmation that the GDNF trials DON'T BELONG AT
ALL IN
THIS REPORT.  I've been telling people this, but don't know as much
about it
as I do about Turner.  In case you didn't know, Turner had a DBS to
obtain
his brain cells, but Dr. Levesque says he was never turned ON.  It is
hard
for me to imagine anyone going through this ordeal and not being
turned on
to find out how well it worked.   I had 2 DBSs.

I just saw Prentice on C-Span this AM and he was claiming  he never
said
cures, just "helping".....however, the White House pamphlet and the
FRC
"Adult Stem Cells Nine Faces of Success" definitely give a different
impression.  I was reading a blog last night where I was in a
discussion
about Turner and  one person actually looked this FRC pamphlet up and
admitted it makes it appear that Turner was cured.

Prentice's lies about Parkinson's, testicular cancer and spinal cord
injury
and who knows how many other treatments have succeeded in convincing
people
that ESCR is unnecessary.  One PIEN list member just told me that a
pro-life
Democrat who was going to vote for HR3 changed his vote when the
amniotic
fluid "breakthrough" came out.  Apparently he never read or ignored
Dr.
Atala's (the head researcher at Wake Forest) statement that AFSCs
should not
be considered a substitute for ESCs.

Like the WMD lies that got us into the Iraq mess, these lies are
making
scientific progress overwhelmingly difficult.  How this "witch
doctor" is
allowed on TV is beyond me.  Does anyone know what his academic
credentials
are?  Bush and his clones are indeed building a bridge to the 11th
century.
Ray