Thanks to a list member, I got this email address and added my letter.  Please email me and I will back you up. Ray
----- Original Message -----
From: rayilynlee
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:09 PM
Subject: HR3

Dear Congressman Oberstar:

I am dismayed to learn that you voted against HR3 and chose potential over actual life.

I am certain that if I believed a microscopic undifferentiated cell was a person I would oppose embryonic stem cell research too.

But I don't, and neither do a majority of the American people and yes, people of faith, even Roman Catholics.

What I don't understand is why a minority has the right to decide how long I must suffer with Parkinson's disease because of their influence over what kind of science will be done in this  country.

Embryonic stem cell research will take place.

The real question is when and where.

Is it wise to cede leadership in this field to countres that have already been involved in research most of us would consider objectionable?

Sincerely,

Rayilyn Brown
18507 N. Windfall Dr.
Surprise AZ 85374