Since there are 518 groups for HR3 and S5 that number exceeds the 500  line
limit on PIEN posts.  If you want o see them, em ail me and I will forward
them to you,
ray
# 284 Monday January 22, 2007 - GROUPS FOR, GROUPS AGAINST: the Stem Cell
Research Enhancement Act

Should we allow federal funding for new embryonic stem cell research?
If you said yes, you are in the overwhelming majority.
As we fight to pass the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act, (H.R. 3, S.5,
formerly H.R. 810) to overturn the Bush White House restrictions on new stem
cell research funding, it is important to realize the extraordinary
narrowness of the opposition.
Powerful, yes: conservative ideologues unquestionably dominate the White
House's stem cell position.
But aside from the ultra-conservatives, how many groups support the current
restrictions? You might be surprised.
Read on, and by the way, be sure to read the columns in
www.stemcellbattles.com this week-especially on Wednesday and Friday.
And now, here are the groups against, and the groups in favor of overturning
the Bush prohibition on federal funding of new stem cell lines. (note: I
numbered the groups, in case you wanted to count them
First, the list of groups who think President Bush's restrictions on funding
the research should continue: in other words, those who are against Senate
Bill 5, the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act.

GROUPS AGAINST the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act:
Source: Republican Study Committee, Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN), chairman,
www.house.gov/pence/rsc   Legislative Bulletin, July 19, 2006
1. National Right to Life Committee
2. US Conference of Catholic Bishops
3. Family Research Council
4. Christian Coalition
5. Concerned Women for America
6. Focus on the Family
7. Christian Medical Association
8. Eagle Forum
9. Traditional Values Coalition
10. Southern Baptist Convention
11. Susan B. Anthony List
12. Republican National Committee for Life
13. Cornerstone Policy Research
14. Culture of Life Foundation
15. Religious Freedom Coalition
16. Coral Ridge Ministries
17. Center For Reclaiming America

That's the list: seventeen groups, all ultra-conservative. You could fit it
on a postcard.
Now, here is a letter showing the groups in support-five hundred eighteen.
If you want to print them out, check and make sure you have enough paper.