[log in to unmask] writes:

I seem  to be facing my biggest challenge I have probably had so far.

My  hearing has gotten progressively worse.Yes, I do wear hearing  aids.

Most people with PD  have soft voices.I am definitely  a social person abd
isolating myself.
would be tough.

THis last week a new audilogist--in the same office where I had been going
said I was probably a cabdidate for a cochlear implant.Because of my PD and
having some dyskinesia might disqualify me.  I don't know anyone who has  had one

Any info would be most appreciated. Also any help in  hearing better would be
great.

Thanks

Lorraine  Jeffe

.

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn

I used to know a man who had  a cochlear implant done.  Before,  holding a
conversation with him was hard work, afterwards it was as though he  was just a
little hard-of-hearing, & I know he resumed his hobby of  playing the piano
accordion.