Hello! And thanks to all of you who have inquired

about this year’s fundraiser, These are our plans

for Shake, Rattle & Roll-2007.

.

The date this year is Sunday, September 30th,

from 11am to 6 or 7pm.

We have decided to forgo the run this year.

Our walk will begin at 11am, leaders of the walk

will be some of our guest politicians & doctors.

At the turn-around point, we will have a butterfly

release (an idea that I shamelessly stole from

Kaylee-but is planning to come to come to make

sure that we do it right!).

At around noon (all times are subject to change),

Everything will open:

Ice Cream Social

Kiddie Karnival

Entertainment on the Kids Stage

Food vendors

Auction

Craft vendors

Gina Morss will begin the program on the adult stage

Beer truck will serve beer

This year we are hoping to have something for everyone. The kids
entertainment will include

(and these are also subject to change); clowns,

face painting, a magician, a gypsy fortune teller,

wildlife expert w/ animals, a storyteller, and the

Hair Co. kids.

On the adult stage-we will have 3 really terrific

bands: ‘Nickologic’, ‘The Dave Chastain Band’ you can hear their
southern styled-boogie & blues at:

http://www.thedavechastainband.com/

& from LA,-Pete Yorn-a wonderfully talented and hard rockin’ young
singer /songwriter who has a great reputation from touring with the
Dixie Chicks. Hear him & read about him at:

http://www.peteyorn.com/

In addition to all this wonderful talent, we will have the very best
shopping in town with our always popular auction and the best crafters
from all over central IL.

Don’t forget about the food, ice cream & cake and

ice cold Budweiser beer products.

Everyone is invited to attend this event-PWP’s are invited to come into
town on Friday, Sept. 28th and we will all go somewhere to have dinner

(yet to be decided) and maybe hear a band. Then on Saturday, Sept. 29th,
we will have a “Parkie

Picnic” with a few speakers but this will be a very informal affair-it
will allow us to relax and get to know one another

I will once again, have rooms saved at the Super

8 which is right up the road from my house or at the Amercinn- a bit
more expensive..

i would also like to ask any of you who have a special talent to
consider donating something for us to auction off. Last year we were
blessed to have things from Aussie bron, Spilkers, Sherry, HelenJane & i
can’t remember who else. but please contact me if you would like to
contribute.

Thanks for putting uur event on your calendar. Hope to see you in
September!!

--
Joan Blessington Snyder   55/17
www.calipso-pd.org