 Dear CAMR Friends,

  Below is a message we just sent to our members in Iowa.  Please feel free
to replicate and distribute to any of your contacts in Iowa before the vote
next week.

  Please note that all graphics and formatting are removed by the freehood
listserve before messages are distributed to you.

  Thank you,

  Kim Love
  CAMR Consultant

  Dear Iowa CAMR Members,

  We have learned the Iowa legislature is in the midst of considering
legislation that would reverse the state's current ban on therapeutic
cloning, also known as somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). As you know,
SCNT research could lead to cures and treatments for many devastating
diseases and conditions. The current ban in Iowa stifles research.

  The legislation to reverse the ban on SCNT is called the Iowa Stem Cell
Research and Cures Initiative (SF 162). If it were to pass and become law,
it would allow for scientists in Iowa to participate in this field of
exciting and promising regenerative research. CAMR supports this bill.

  The State Senate passed the Iowa Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative
(SF162) this week. Now, the State House is preparing to take up the bill and
Iowa State Representatives need to hear from pro research and pro SCNT
constituents.

  Please contact your State Representative with the following message:

  "I strongly support SF162, the Iowa Stem Cell Research and Cures
Initiative and I urge you to vote for this legislation."

We understand the Iowa House will be holding a hearing on this topic next
week. If you would like to testify, you can contact the Iowa Legislative
Information Office at (515) 281-5129.