Sent: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:55:16 -0500
From: Kathy McMahon Klosterman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Identifying people in pictures

Hello,  Amid all the events going on in your lives...I hope you have
enjoyed seeing Camilla's party pictures.  Liesel asked me to identify
Camilla's family and myself in the pictures.  In the group picture,
Beth is in the chair on the left (a long time friend of Camilla's...)
next is Carolyn, in yellow (a neighbor and former school counselor in
town).  Then Camilla in the center. Behind her is Chris (her daughter
in red), April is Camilla's grand daughter.  Jane, is a friend of
many years as well.   I'm in the black sweater on the floor in front
of Camilla.  In another picture, Suzie is in a grey sweater and
glasses...she was one of three caregivers for Camilla during this
time period.    Camilla LOVED dark chocolate so everyone brought
chocolate when they came to her cottage....we all had a feast of dark
chocolate in the past two months! Dream group had been meeting at
Camilla's for the past year...we met at the nursing home during her
stay there as well...and folks often brought goodies to eat.
        Thinking of fun times with Camilla, I will share this story.
While in the nursing home of the Knolls, Camilla (who had been an
advocate for residents) began making lists of things she felt needed
to be changed.  For one, she thought internet access should be
available to residents of the nursing home.  Since some residents
were not fully aware of surroundings, Camilla spoke up... e.g.,items
needed for bathroom storage, placement of the phone in the
room......and so on.
         Camilla and I went to some concerts in Cincinnati on
occasion and arrived back at the nursing home at midnight or later.
This shocked the staff!  They were not accustomed to residents of a
nursing home being out on the town and tooling home in the wee hours
of the morning!  We chuckled at shaking up notions of what it means
to be a nursing home resident. Life can still have joys.
         With warm thoughts of all of you in this community that
meant soooo much to Camilla,
Kathy