Hi Tosh et alli,

         Very unfortunately, both my colleague Sean Zwagerman and I have
conflicts that will prevent us from attending the Canadian Caucus at CCCC
or the dinner afterwards, but we are presenting a paper at a panel on WID
Saturday afternoon (Session: P32, 3:30 pm), and I could, after CCCC send a
copy of that paper to anyone who might be interested enough to send me an
email request.  The paper title is, "Learning to Write for Academic
Readers:  Identity, Identification, and Revision in a Writing-Intensive
Literature Course in a New WID-Based University Curriculum."  The paper
describes the WID requirements, the particular first year lecture course,
and then discusses students' responses to the required revision
activities.  Two WID courses are now required for graduation from SFU.

         Our regrets for missing the Caucus.  Hope to see you all at other
times during the conference.  Enjoy.

Rick

Prof. Rick Coe
English Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC  V5A 1S6
Office:  AQ6121

At 09:10 AM 08/03/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>As you may already know, Canadian Caucus is held on Thursday night from
>6:30-7:30. I hope to see many people from the list at the Caucus and the
>subsequent dinner.
>
>Also I have been e-mailing people who expressed their interests in giving a
>short talk (10-15 min.) at the Caucus about WAC/WID initiatives in Canadian
>institutions  to confirm their attendance, but the response rate has not been
>stellar. If anyone would like to give a short talk on this topic, please
>send me
>an e-mail to me at [log in to unmask]  Presentations in the Canadian caucus
>have
>been historically informal and given in a very informal atmosphere (I remember
>one caucus from some years ago where we actually sat in a circle.)

>Tosh Tachino, M.A., B.A. Honors
>Ph.D. Candidate, Iowa State University
>Rhetoric and Professional Communication
>E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
>http://www.public.iastate.edu/~tosh/

Call a man a villain, and you have the choice of either attacking or
cringing.  Call him mistaken and you invite yourself to attempt setting him
right."  Kenneth Burke (Attitudes toward History 4)