Dear CAMR Friends,

  Below is an email alert sent to CAMR members in Georgia.  Please share
this call to action with your Georgia contacts.

  Thank you,

  Kim Love
  CAMR Legislative Consultant

  Dear Friends of Stem Cell Research,

  We have learned that a bill just passed a committee in the Georgia State
Senate that contains scientifically inaccurate claims that could hinder the
progress of embryonic stem cell research in that state.  The bill is called
the Saving the Cure Act (SB 148).

  The bill's purpose is to promote cord blood research in Georgia, but the
preamble section of the bill, also called the "findings," suggests that
embryonic stem cell research is failing to lead to cures and can even lead
to cancer in patients.  While the findings section does not carry the full
weight of the law, these false claims are serious enough for CAMR to oppose
the legislation unless and until those findings are changed.  Any effort to
disseminate negative and incorrect information about embryonic stem cell
research throws unnecessary obstacles in the path of progress and research.

  Please contact your Georgia legislators to oppose the Saving the Cure Act
(SB 148).  They need to hear from you immediately.

  Your message should be:  "I am calling to urge you to oppose SB 148, the
Saving the Cure Act and ask that you vote against this legislation."

  Sincerely,

  Sean Tipton
  CAMR President
  www.camradvocacy.org