I wanted to say something earlier, but too many students this semester!  I'm
not sure what this has to do with PD, but: I do not know Dr. Lanza, nor have I
read his work, so I am going strictly by the interview posted on this list.
This is not--by any stretch of the imagination--a biocentric universe.
Biology is a relative latecomer to the big picture.  Plus, of all matter that
exists in our universe, biology makes up only a tiny fraction.  Most of the
universe is void of life, and--as best we know--always has been.

If Dr. Lanza is saying that we humans basically construct and reconstruct our
universe (actually, our *notion* of the universe) as we gain more knowledge
and understanding of it--and as previous notions get pushed aside, then all of
us in the scientific community would agree.  It's all a matter of operating
under the current paradigm (either social or scientific).

Time and space.  Time and space and life are about the only three absolute
truths in existence.  The devout Buddhist might say that even these are simply
illusion.  Thus, humans define these terms in all sorts of cultural ways.
Whether illusion or truth, we practical people have to recognize that we work
within their infinite borders.  Infinite for time and space, that is.  Not for
life.  Life begins and ends, whereas time and space do not.  A biocentric
universe?  Hardly.

Scott Antes

>===== Original Message From Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
>I think Dr.  Lanza is one smart guy.  I never did believe "time" was real.
>Ray

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University