In a message dated 3/17/2007 2:03:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I had  the same problem with Stalevo.  Joint pain and increased muscle
spasms,  especially in my lower back.  Stopped taking it after two months and went
back to the 25/100 carbi/levodopa 200 mg Comtan regimen.

Scott  Burnett

That's difficult to understand, since Sinemet is a combination of carbidopa
and levodopa, Comtan is entacapone, and Stalevo is a combination of carbidopa,
 levodopa, and entacapone.

You may want to check with your physician as to whether your experiences  are
related to the timing of when you take the medications.  My Sinemet (I  don't
take Comtan) works best when I take it on an empty stomach.  The  labeling
for Comtan says it may be taken with or without food.

Wilson DeCamp
Leesburg, VA