for several years now, and i can say that, without a doubt, the man is
the rare and genuine real deal. i first met him when Congressman Lane
Evans came out to support "the funny looking kid with the weird name and
the big ears " early in his run to qualify as the democratic candidate
for US Senate. back then, no one would have given him a shot at running
for President. i came home from that back-yard event so emotionally and
politically charged up that i called my girlfriend who is the nightly
news co-anchor of our NBC affiliate station and also my other friend who
is a prize winning columnist for the Peoria Journal Star and i told them
both to mark my words...that i had just met America's first black
president. i have had a chance to visit with him on many occasions since
that first meeting. his devotion to his beautiful and eloquent wife,
Michelle, is especially touching. when i first met her, she came to
speak on her husband's behalf during his run for the US Senate, and she
spoke from the heart and from her soul about her husband's qualities to
a group of spell--bound listeners at my Shake, Rattle and Roll-2004.
Barack Obama is my choice for president and i hope that you will also
give him your serious consideration. thanks very much!!

--
Joan Blessington Snyder   55/17
www.calipso-pd.org