Hope this is ok. I feel it is our responsibility to raise awareness of this
thief called PD. As April is approaching I have taken the steps to talk to any
 group that will have me. Good thing for me they are desperate for  speakers.

I join the chamber of commerce to network with business that are allowing  me
to put posters up. Our poster was made by Jean Burns a fellow pder. If you
need an awesome awareness poster made contact her. She is super.

Our 3rd annual Parkinson's event is coming up we release live  butterflies in
honor and memory of those touched by Parkinson's. One of the  things I try to
do to  teach or show people what it is like to have  PD,
I asked them at the start of my speech to clinch their fist as tight  as they
can and hold them until I say let go.

Five minutes is how long I talk before I say let go, I then I ask them to
concentrate on how their hands feel, their arms and shoulders. You would be
amazed at the reaction, hurt, sting, numb. painful I then tell them welcome to
my world. 24/7 365 days a year. Denise Green from AU wrote about this in
Voices From The Parking Lot. Its a great way to educate people.

 Kay

Like the butterfly
I have the strength and hope
To believe