 ALS TDF Forum Statement of Purpose The purpose of this forum is to exchange
information about ALS, scientific advances in ALS, and treatments for ALS.
Bad language, disparaging remarks, personal attacks, marketing, or
inappropriate remarks will be removed and may lead to termination of forum
privileges.
 All Forums
 Forum Topics
 ALS Research &Treatments
 Dr. William Rader New Topic  Reply to Topic

1 PostsPosted - 08/05/2004 :  00:08:19
Has anyone heard of or dealt with a Dr. William C. Rader from the Medra
Institute (www.medrainc.com). He is conducting a stem-cell surgery that is
performed in the Dominican Republic for ALS patients. He has supposedly done
over 1,000 procedures. He is based out of Malibu CA but procedure is done in
Dom. Rep. It sounds very promising and is done through IV with no side
effects to date.

Garrett Mullins

regina

4 PostsPosted - 08/06/2004 :  16:34:22
My Aunt had the procedure by Dr. Rader in the Dominican Republic two years
ago. The procedure did help her immune system but did not stop the
progression of her ALS. We feel the $ given to Dr. Rader could have been
better spent. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me
directly.

ZAKARIYA2
USA
1 PostsPosted - 09/26/2004 :  15:52:28

HAVE YOU HAD ANY CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAD THIS PROCEDURE DONE FOR ANY
OTHER KIND OF AFFLICTION. IF SO DO YOU KNOW THE RESULTS. THANK YOU, DAVID
BARON
regina

4 PostsPosted - 09/29/2004 :  13:46:56
My Aunt did the treatment for ALS - but she found out about it from a friend
who did it for cancer. I am sorry to say, that they are both dead.

Matthew Cardinale
USA
1 PostsPosted - 04/03/2006 :  13:55:17

Re: William Rader. Not long ago he was offering exactly the same treatment
in Germany and the DR for stroke, Parkinsons and cancer. He is a
psychiatrist and a skilled maketeer. He is also, apparently, a complete
fraud who preys upon desperate people.
maxineb33
USA
1 PostsPosted - 05/28/2006 :  14:33:29

I am an incomplete quad. Dr. Rader told me he could make me walk again. He
wants 25,000.00 . I am fundraising to raise the money. I have done a
licensing Beware of background check on him , no complaints , the Better
Business Bureau has no complaints.

I would appreeciate any info someone might have.

Thank-you for your time,

Maxine

HarryAZ
USA
15 PostsPosted - 05/28/2006 :  15:31:28

During the year 2000, about two dozen ALS patients spent a fortune on Dr.
Radar's stem cell treatments in Germany and the DR. As far as I know none of
these patients are alive today. Most of patients were poorly cared for and
did not even realize short term placebo type improvements. The guy is a
fraud.
Wayne
USA
341 PostsPosted - 05/30/2006 :  10:03:40

Funny how $25,000 seems to be almost the standard fraud charge. I got my
"stem cells" in 2002 for $24500, thats a bargain!

ALS Research &Treatments       Living With ALS       Philosophy and Feedback
ALS TDF Conference Call Feb 13th 2007       ALS Advocacy       Irrelevant to
ALS  -------------------- Home Active Topics Frequently Asked Questions
Member Information Search Page

ALSTDF Forum© 2004 ALS Therapy Development Foundation