---------- Forwarded Message ----------

March 30, 2007

Dear CAMR Member:

We are reaching out to you because we are at the threshold of a major
advance and need action from every CAMR grassroots member across the
country. With your past help, CAMR has led the charge resulting in
historic votes on stem cell research in both the U.S. House of the
Representatives and in the U.S. Senate. Another such vote is expected
in the Senate the week of April 9, 2007. Please act now to help us
prepare.

A Senate Vote Is Expected Soon
As you know, the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act (H.R.3) passed
the House of Representatives earlier this year. The Senate will soon
begin its own stem cell debate and bring up two bills for
consideration on April 9, 2007.

The bills debated will be the Senate version of the Stem Cell
Research Enhancement Act (S. 5) and an "alternative" bill authored by
Senator Isakson of Georgia . Votes on the two bills are expected on
either April 11th or April 12th. There will be no amendments allowed
and both bills will require 60 votes each to pass.

S.5 has been modified from earlier versions and will now include the
language from S. 2754, a stem cell bill which was passed by the
Senate last year without opposition. This new section simply
encourages the NIH to pursue other forms of stem cell research. CAMR
remains fully in support of S.5 with these changes.

The "alternative bill" by Senator Isakson has not been introduced and
does not yet have a bill number. We have seen an early draft of the
bill and CAMR will likely not take a position on this legislation.
The bill does not change current policy in any meaningful way.

Our message is simple - there is one bill that matters, one vote that
will advance stem cell research, one vote for patients, and that is a
vote for S.5.

Contact Your Senators NOW
The Senate will soon break for a "Spring Recess" from March 31 to
April 9, 2007. During this time your senators will leave Washington ,
DC and should be in your home state attending local events and
meetings. Call their district offices now and find out if there are
local events you can attend or if you can schedule your own meeting
while your senators are in town. Be sure to let them know you are
calling in support of S.5, The Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act and
that you expect the senator to vote in favor of the bill.

Thank you for everything you do. We will contact you during the week
of the vote for instructions on calling Senators in their Washington,
DC offices. For now, please work on making contact with your Senators
while they are in the state.

Sincerely,
Sean Tipton
CAMR President