The real news in the article was the big grant from an outside
foundation. There are other examples at elite US universities (e.g.,
Cornell and Michigan have big individual donors). Has any Canadian
institution secured a grant like that for a writing initiative? The
McConnell Foundation has supported first-year initiatives in general --
any directed towards writing specifically?
== Margaret Procter

--
Dr. Margaret Procter
Coordinator, Writing Support