Gloria: I'm not sure whether this is what you are looking for or whether it will even help. A colleague and I are working on developing research on what we call fragmentary logic, after a term coined by the economist Amatyra Sen. Unfortunately, all we know now is that in the case of some social phenomena it is possible to consistently get support in an argument for two opposing or inconsistent conclusions. For formal logicians this is a problem but for rhetoricians it is not a problem. When we get anything tangible to show we could send it on. Cheers, Jim

________________________________

From: CASLL/Inkshed on behalf of Gloria Michalchuk
Sent: Mon 4/23/2007 4:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: dual voicing?

Thank you so much for these terms, two of which I have never heard of
and one that I had not thought of.  I'll definitely search for the
Fludernik reference and try a broad search for "catachresis"?  Would
you happen to have a source or rremember where you read about it Sean?
  Thanks again to all for helping out. Gloria

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/