Lorraine,              It sounds like  the same problem i'm having.
Both newspapers are big and bigger.  They have thousands and thousands
of readers!  and they  won't help with PD Awareness.  I will write  a
lettter to the Editor and ask them ''Don't they like people with
Parkinson's?''    Some of the stories they do publish are
...............well, you know.  But, here in New Jersey, there is the
Greater Media News.  It's publishing company comprised with about 5
newspapers, each carrying  the news  for  2  particular  towns each.  It
is a weekly newspaper.  The Greater Media News  will be printing  "MAKE
THEM AWARE".

NINA   -   Brian, the editor, asked for the name of your town and state
where you live.     Also, if you represent any organization, the name
of it.  Thank you.
Here is an example of the ignorance  some people have:
It was obvious that I have PD and a young lady  (33 years old) came up
to me and asked me if I had PD , She apologized for being so forward.
She had tremors in 2 of her  fingers on her left hand. She was concerned
and asked her Chiropractor if this could be  the start of PD.     He
told her "You don't have to worry at all about  having  Parkinson's ,
You are much too young for that disease."
Wow! this guy has some learning to do

Claire