Thanks for the info.

  Lorraine Jeffe

Wilson DeCamp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  In a message dated 4/17/2007 2:08:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I think that Teva in Israel developed Requip.

They also developed the dopamine patch that has been approved in Europe.

Have no idea what the status of the patch is with the FDA,does anyone?Has
anyone had access to it? Possibly been part of a trial.

Any info on status, etc would be appreciated..

Lorraine Jeffe

Lorraine,

Requip (ropinirole) was developed in the US by GlaxoSmithKline. They are
currently studying a sustained release (once daily) formulation. Teva was
apparently involved with overseas development and marketing.

I don't know anything about a dopamine patch being developed in the US.
However, a rotigotine patch is under development by Schwarz Pharma. Based on
company statements, approval is expected later this year.

You can get a lot of information about these, as well as other PD
treatments, that are in the development pipeline at http://www.pdpipeline.org/.

This is a free database that we try to keep up-to-date.

Wilson DeCamp
a member of the pipeliners