I had the honor of reading the manuscript for this book. I couldn't put it down.
In "The Uncured : How one drug company shelved a Parkinson's disease breakthrough" , journalist Nick Nelson eloquently captures the real life experiences of Parkinson's trial participants regaining their lives with the use of GDNF in clinical trials, but losing them again following Amgen's abrupt halt of the trials in 2004. You can read an excerpt from Nelson's thorough investigation of the GDNF for Parkinson's controversy at :

http://www.pdpipeline.org/pdf/Synopsis_and_Excerpt.pdf
The author, Nick Nelson is looking for a publisher for his book. If you have any suggestions, please contact him at  [log in to unmask]
Linda