Debbie,

I estimate that I took it for about 6 months.  It allowed me to cut back my
Mirapex dose by about half.  At the time I was very concerned about the
compulsive behavior caused by Mirapex.

I stopped Azilect cold turkey after the second accident after which I went
home and discovered very high blood pressure.  A week after stopping
Azilect, I had another more serious accident so it was taken off of the
candidate list of contributors.  The big nuisance with Az is the list of
prohibited foods.

As for falling asleep at the wheel, I always attributed that to Mirapex not
PD.  I don't think that I fell asleep.  It was more of an instanteous
blackout.  I wasn't sleepy, I wasn't trying to stay awake.  I simply lost 2
very important seconds of life.  I would much prefer losing the 2 seconds it
takes to say "I do" or "I accept this job offer".