Today was Impeach Bush and Cheney day.  Rallies were held across the nation,
but they were not covered by the media.  You have to go to the internet.
The youtube site below shows our rally in the NW Phoenix area.  I'm in 3
slides.  In Tulsa, OK today  hundreds protested and 10 peaceful
demonstrators were arrested.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWTg6leMDA

I saw parts of Bush's speech, but never heard about the opposition that
greeted him in Miami.  Something is definitely happening, you just don't
hear about it
Ray

Published - April, 28, 2007

Hundreds protest Bush in Miami
LISA ORKIN EMMANUEL
Associated Press Writer

 MIAMI (AP)  Several hundred protesters gathered at a demonstration outside
a college campus while President George W. Bush gave the commencement speech
at the school Saturday afternoon.

About 600 people opposed to the president's policies and the war in Iraq
gathered along a main avenue at the Kendall Campus of Miami Dade College.

"I want to do anything I can to bring the war to an end," said one of the
protesters, 55-year-old Thomas Kreycik, a mental health counselor. "We are
throwing away money, we are throwing away the lives of our troops for no
justifiable reason."

Passing drivers honked their horns in solidarity with the protesters and
many stopped to pick up pamphlets. Many children attended with their
families and a dog owner dressed his pooch, Barney, in an anti-Bush shirt.
People beat drums, tapped tambourines and chanted ?I didn?t become a citizen
to help Bush mess it up.?

Police stood relaxed next to protesters or behind temporary fences. Officers
declined to estimate the size of the crowd.

Chris Kirchner, 48, a public school teacher from south Miami, came dressed
in an outfit that she said represented Iraq on fire. She was wearing an
orange dress and an orange paper crown in the shape of flames.

Kirchner also held a large poster that read ?liar.?

?We cannot have our children?s future spent at the cost of $1 billion a day
on a false war,? she said. ?We are not safer. We have lost this war.?

Patty Bazzani, a 20-year-old student at the college, said she came to the
demonstration because she supports peace.

?I?m hoping people will come to their senses and there will be a better
president in the future,? Bazzani said.

At the speech, Bush emphasized the strength in America?s diversity. He spoke
before 5,000 people, including 1,500 graduates, many of whom are immigrants
or children of immigrants.

The crowd outside was largely anti-Bush. Less than 10 people gathered with
signs welcoming the president.

Barbara Miranda, 57, a realtor?s associate from southwest Miami, said she
came to the demonstration Saturday support the president, because she was
impressed with his response after Sept. 11.

?Bush did the best that nobody can do and in this country there are no more
incidents,? she said.

Another Bush supporter said she believes in the president?s policies.

?We feel very good with him,? said Magaly Dorta, 60, an assistant teacher
from Little Havana. She was holding a sign that said ?Welcome President
Bush.?

Graduate art student Jacqueline Gopie, 46, brought her installation art
project to the gathering. The project was a giant paper mache clown on top
of a globe that was supported by small wheels, which rolled along the
ground.

She said she made it in protest of Bush?s policy on stem-cell research.

?He?s claiming to save unborn lives ... It?s crazy,? she said.

Kelsey Garcia, a 14-year-old student from the area, came to the protest with
her mother and stepfather. She held a sign that read: ?If war is the answer
we are asking the wrong question.?

?We?re trying to fix things, not cause more problems,? she said. ?Now we?ve
just gotten ourselves into a huge mess that we cant get out of. It?s going
to effect future generations.?