Let's not take a face value whatever some lawyer may advise some
corporation to write on the bottom of a text.   There are laws ,
regulations, and institutions allowing reproduction of various
sorts.  Courseware is not plagiarism (in fact, it is gov't regulated);
neither is making a single photocopy for scholarly purposes, nor quoting a
short passage from a longer text (rule of thumb: under 100 words, I think).

Rick