Natasha says,

> I have no idea why all these messages are coming to my
> mailbox instead of going to listserv.

Nor do I, but I'm grateful that Natasha noticed and forwarded
replies back to the list.

I'm working on how to fix this, but until I do, it would help if
when you reply to the CASLL list you have a look at the To: line
in your mailer and make sure it's going to the list rather than
just the sender. If that's what you want.

The default on the list is to send replies to the "Reply-to"
line in the headers, and most email programs seem to allow that
line to be the [log in to unmask] address (the note earlier from Rob,
for instance, does) -- but for reasons I can't figure out,
Natasha's seems to be insisting that "Reply-to" be Natasha.

It's always a good idea to check -- there are lists where the
default is to reply to the sender only, and on that sort of
discussion if you want to contribute to the conversation you
need to change the To: line to the list address manually. Most
people probably already know that there are strong opinions on
this: there are folks who think that making the default reply go
to the list invites people to humiliate themselves by saying in
public what they intended to be private; and then there are
others who think that making the default reply go to the sender
shuts discussion down.  I'm in the second camp; I guess I'd
rather be embarrassed than silenced.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to fix the problem with
Natasha's email (and maybe with others; I don't know how often
this happens).  In the meantime -- or, no, always -- check who
you're really sending your email to.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion of
plagiarism (and a good one it is, too).

-- Russ

St. Thomas University
http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/