Theresa, there are plenty of examples, of course. The thing is the
majority of students who choose to copy know that what they're doing is
wrong, but hope it'll work somehow.  They don't have enough time,
couldn't care less, find it really difficult/unnecessary to paraphrase,
etc. In my experience, students who want to learn don't copy for the
sake of copying.

I'm sure that people that Rob interviewed for an academic position knew
very well what plagiarism was and were prepared to teach their students
how to avoid plagiarism. Nevertheless, they plagiarized themselves. In
other words, I don't think one can stop somebody who wants to copy from
doing it.  If they don't do it for your class, they'll do it for
another. (Please note that L2 students' plagiarism may be a totally
different story).

I don't want to sound confrontational, I just thought we might start
looking at different kinds of copying from different perspectives.

Natasha