Russ, why are you saying that

>   Copyright has _nothing to do_ with plagiarism.  Nothing. They are
> separate issues?

Surely if an author uses pages and pages from somebody else's work
(published or unpublished) without ever mentioning
 the original author and publishes his/her writing, it is a copyright
violation and plagiarism, isn't it? Or is plagiarism now firmly
associated only with what students do?
Or do I misunderstand the issue?

And re posting one's published articles on the Internet: I stopped doing
that because copyright transfer forms often have a clause that prevents
one from doing that.
Since I have transferred copyright to the publisher, won't I be
violating the copyright agreement if I post the paper?

Natasha